It’s a new year, so it’s a new opportunity to reflect on your contact centre and how effectively it’s operating. Last year brought a lot of unforeseen changes – in both our personal lives and in the business world. If we’ve learned anything from 2020, it’s that you can’t predict the future. We can, however, adapt on the fly and continue growing and improving, even in uncertain times. Here are some tips for implementing a better overall strategy at your contact centre in 2021:
Cloud Migration Due to Remote Work
You likely had to migrate your contact centre to the cloud to allow your agents to work from home last year. In 2021, ensure you’re using the best technological systems you can be, by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do your platforms adapt to new behaviours from customers?
- Do your platforms help your team and business when you make any changes?
- Do your platforms share valuable customer data?
- Are you able to create custom reports with your agent and contact centre data?
- Are agents able to access daily performance metrics?
- Is it easy to make updates to your platforms without external help?
Ensure you’re answering these questions from your perspective as the manager, as well as the perspective of your customers and employees.
Remote and Flexible Workers
Even before the pandemic, remote and flexible jobs in the “gig economy” were becoming the norm due to the business models of companies like Uber. Employees want to be able to make their own schedules to fit their lives. Ensure your contact centre will support this unique group of workers by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do all of your employees have easy access to the information they need?
- Is it easy to escalate communication if necessary?
- Can employees switch communication channels in the middle of a customer interaction without disconnecting?
- Are there any ways you can streamline the training process?
If you’re apprehensive about adding “gig workers” to your team. Here are some tips that will help you create a flexible yet structured work environment within your contact centre:
- Create detailed reference points and standard operating procedures for employees to access when they need help
- Open up peer communication so employees can collaborate with each other when solving customer service problems
- Clearly outline contact centre goals, so agents fully understand the organization’s expectations
- Ensure employees are aware of your contact centre’s performance metrics and provide them with daily feedback on their work against these metrics
- Ensure all of your contact centre agents feel included and encouraged regardless of where they are and when they work by building recognition into your work culture.
- Check-in at least once a week to see how they’re doing and if they need any help or support from you.
The beginning of a new year is a great time to reflect and make any changes necessary to improve your life at home and at work. Keep these questions and tips in mind as your contact centre evolves in 2021 and you will have a great year!
At Innovative Vision, we are passionate about the world of Customer Experience. Founded in 2002, we are a marketing technology firm specializing in Contact Centre BPO. Through the power of omnichannel support and hybrid live agent/AI models, we ensure that every interaction that a customer has with your business is positive and meaningful.
Allow us to inspire your company to grow through our enhanced approach to guiding the customer journey. To learn more about our advanced and specialized services, contact us today!