The missing element of most unsuccessful businesses is a connection to the customer. Understanding the wants and needs of your customer base is one of the fundamentals of any successful company. It’s just as crucial to have your finger on the pulse of what customers are saying as it is to know the numbers for profit, sales and revenues. In fact, your customers are the ones who are directly responsible for these numbers. Here are some of the best ways to connect with your customers:
What You Need to Know
Before you connect with your customers, you’ll need to figure out what you need from them. The following are some of the most important things you’ll need to know:
- Why Customers Need Your Good/Service
- What Customers Are Looking For
- What Customers’ Interests/Behavioral Patterns Are
- What Customers Think About Your Good/Service
- What Customers Think About Your Competitor(s)
Now, you may be wondering, how do I find out all of this information?
Voice of the Customer
Voice of the Customer (VoC) is a research technique that helps businesses to define their customer’s wants and needs. It encapsulates everything customers say about a company and compresses the comments into an overall idea. Businesses use VoC to better imagine the differences between the customers’ expectations and their actual experience.
Businesses utilize VoC by generating customer feedback. They gather various pieces of feedback to create a bigger picture of their customer base.
Voice of the Customer Methods
The way businesses generate VoC is through one or more of the following of these methods:
- Surveys: Either on-site or online, surveys are a fantastic way to understand customers. You can utilize a variety of platforms to help you create yes/no, multiple-choice, short answer and more surveys.
- Live Chat: All business’ websites should have a live chat where customers can submit real-time feedback.
- Social Media: Chatting with customers on platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook is a great way to have a two-way conversation with customers or other industry leaders or browse comments for feedback.
- NPS: Net Promoter Score is a tool that measures customer loyalty wherein customers rate how likely they are to recommend your business to someone on a scale of 0-10.
- Reviews: Online customer reviews, whether they’re negative or positive, are a great way to gauge how customers feel. Another benefit of staying on top of reviews is you can respond to bad reviews and better understand why customers were unsatisfied.
Voice of the Customer is massively beneficial for operations, customer service, research, and product development. VoC is employed by these teams to not only improve the customer’s experience with the brand but also the good or service. Following Voice of the Customer methods helps businesses connect with customers and internal team members. We call that a win-win.
Innovative Vision, we are passionate about the world of Customer Experience. Founded in 2002, we are a marketing technology firm specializing in Contact Centre BPO. Through the power of omnichannel support, and hybrid live agent/AI models, we ensure that every interaction that a customer has with your business is positive and meaningful.
Allow us to inspire your company to grow through our enhanced approach to guiding the customer journey. To learn more about our advanced and specialized services, contact us today!